School Innovation & Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic school year
School Innovation and Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
Eagle View Elementary School
Kanchana Iyer, Principal
End of Year SMARTR Outcome-Math
100% of identified students in grades 3-6 will increase their scale scores in Reporting Category 1- Number and Number Sense on the 2018 Math SOL test as compared to the 2017 Math SOL.
Strategy 1 : Teachers will continue to develop an understanding and implement elements of Math Workshop
- Eagle View staff will participate in professional development opportunities around implementation of Math workshop
- Teachers will participate in professional development exploring the connections between math and reading
Strategy 2: Increase an understanding of the mathematical concepts involved with number sense
- Math Specialist will work with grade level teams to look at learning progressions involved with number sense concepts using the FCPS planning and pacing guides.
- Teachers will use county-wide learning progression documents to plan intervention and other learning opportunities in the area of number sense
Strategy 3: Teacher will use Math Workshop to support the goal directed and resilient elements of Portrait of a Graduate
- Math Specialist will provide professional development opportunities through CLTs and quarterly planning days on the use of the POG rubric to continue to assess student progress
- School wide PD sessions offered in first and second semesters will expose teachers to various strategies to support student’s POG skills.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome-Reading
By June 2018 all students in grades K-6 will earn a 3 or higher on the FCPS narrative or informative explanatory writing rubric in the area of meaning and elaboration. ESOL students and students with disabilities will make a year’s growth on the writing rubric.
Strategy 1: Implement best practices in writing instruction using a the FCPS Planning Pacing Guide using the Writer’s Workshop Model
- Strengthen Tier 1 Instruction in Writer’s Workshop (POG Element: Communication).Model, encourage, and facilitate Academic Conversations/Quality Talk (POG Elements: Communicator, Collaborator, Creative and Critical Thinker).
- Model, encourage, and facilitate discussions with teachers using the planning pacing guide during CLT’s, team meetings, quarterly planning days, and professional development(POG Elements: Communicator, Collaborator, Creative and Critical Thinker).
Strategy 2: Provide all students with at least two Demonstration Focus Lessons a week.
- Model, facilitate discussions, and help plan focus lessons with teachers using the planning pacing guide during CLT’s, team meetings, quarterly planning days, and professional development.
- Provide intervention/remediation/support throughout the Language Arts block and SOAR time.